BayScribe Productivity Tools Installation and Upgrade
Installation - New and Existing Users of BayScribe Productivity Tools
- If you already have an old version of BayScribe Productivity Tools:
- Print this page as you will need to exit Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Exit all running instances of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Exit all running instances of BayScribe Productivity Tools.
- Click on your Start menu and select Control Panel -
Add/Remove Programs. Select Transcription Productivity Tools from
the list and tell the wizard to remove the software.
Note: This will not remove your current word expansion definitions, settings, and user-defined dictionary entries.
Your computer may ask you to reboot.
- Restart Internet Explorer and return to this page: http://www.bayscribe.com/expander .
- Download the current version of BayScribe Productivity Tools (5.1 MB).
Estimated download time: Cable modem - 1 min, 56K modem - 28 mins.
- Run the self-extracting file that you downloaded.
This extracts and runs the BayScribe Installation Wizard.
- Follow the instructions presented by the wizard. It is very
simple. When the wizard is finished, you will be upgraded. All of
your current word expansion definitions, settings, and user-defined dictionary entries will be retained.
- Reboot your system.
Post-Installation Information - First-time Users
- Pop-up blockers - This program uses pop-ups for rosters, configuration, and the dictation player. If you use a pop-up blocker, be sure to allow all pop-ups from bayscribe.com.
- Firewalls - The BayScribe dictation player may use port 80 and/or 443 to download the audio files to the player. If you use a firewall, be sure to not let the firewall block this application.
NOTE: If your player still doesn't work download and run this Windows update
Windows patch, click here. vcredist_x86.exe